Nassau is the capital city of The Bahamas, lies on the island of New Providence. The Bahamas consist of ethnic groups such as Afro-Bahamians 85%, European Bahamian 12%, Hispanic 3%, and Asian/Indo-Caribbean 3%. English is the official language nevertheless, men and women also speak Creole.
Right here are 3 geographic details about the Bahamas:
1. The Bahamas is a country consisting of 29 islands, 661 cays, and 2,387 islets (rocks).
two. It is positioned in the Atlantic Ocean north of Cuba and Hispaniola (Dominican Republic and Haiti), northwest of the Turks and Caicos Islands, and southeast of the United States (nearest to the state of Florida).
three. Its total land region is 13939 km2 (5382 sq mi) slightly bigger than the US states
of Connecticut and Rhode Island combined), with an estimated population of 330,000.
three “Serious” Facts
Here are three significant details about the Bahamas:
1. The Bahamas is a parliamentary democracy with two major parties, the Free National Motion and the Progressive Liberal Party.
2. The economic climate has a really competitive tax regime. The government derives its revenue from import tariffs, license fees, property and stamp taxes, but there is no revenue tax, corporate tax, capital gains tax, worth-additional tax (VAT), or wealth tax.
3. The Bahamas is the third richest country in the Americas (following the United
States and Canada), the richest one that lies south of the Mexico – US border as effectively as the richest 1 in the planet, whose population is predominantly of African origin in terms of GDP per capita.
three “Fun” Facts
Right here are three severe details about the Bahamas:
1. Junkanoo is a classic African street parade of music, dance, and art held in Nassau (and a couple of other settlements) each and every Boxing Day, New Year’s Day. Junkanoo is also utilised to celebrate other holidays and events such as Emancipation Day.
2. Swim and interact with trained dolphins in the protected waters and national surroundings of The Dolphin Expertise Lagoon.
three. The Andros Barrier Reef situated in the Bahamas is the third largest living reef in the planet. About 5percent of the world’s coral reefs are positioned in the Bahamas, an amount surpassing even Australia’s Excellent Barrier Reef.
A “Potpourri” Item
Here is an unusual fact (or two or three) about the Bahamas:
1. The yellow elder is the Bahamas national flower. The yellow elder was chosen as the national flower of the Bahamas because it is native to the Bahamas Islands, and it blooms all through the year
3 Pieces of Travel Information
Here are 3 pieces of info that travelers to the Bahamas will want to know about where to go, what to see, and/or how to stay secure while there:
1. The climate of the Bahamas is subtropical to tropical. The Bahamas can bevery dangerous in the summer season and autumn, when hurricanes pass near or via the islands.
two. The Bahamas relies on tourism to create most of its economic activity. An instance of Tourism in the Bahamas is the quantity of cruise ships that land in the capital of Nassau where tourists check out the straw marketplace to buy various products or have their hair braided.
3. Tourist visit the Atlantis Waterscape positioned in Nassau, Bahamas. It is a single of the world’s biggest open-air aquariums it has a entire host of lagoons and is property to 200 species of marine life.
2 cups flour
two tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
3 tsp. baking powder
three tsp. oil
1 cup milk
Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder (soda) and salt collectively to type a effectively. Then add the oil and milk. Mix and knead for a handful of minutes. Put into a greased 8×8-inch square pan and place in a 374 degree preheated oven. Bake around 20 minutes. Most recipes suggest serving hot with butter.
My Kitchen Story
The recipe for the Johnny Cakes is extremely effortless. I just followed the directions gradually. You can make the Johnny Cake with or without cornmeal. I chose to make the Johnny Cake without the cornmeal simply because it is less fattening. My mother believed my test batch tasted really excellent. My mother was surprised to uncover me in the kitchen since I do not needed like to cook. My meals came out fine with out any mishaps.
Speak to Information: To get in touch with the author of “A Taste of Bahamas: A Recipe for Johnny Cakes,” please email Alexandra.Dudley@selu.edu.
David C. Wyld (email@example.com) is the Robert Maurin Professor of Management at Southeastern Louisiana University in Hammond, Louisiana. He is a management consultant, researcher/writer, and executive educator. His blog, Wyld About Business, can be viewed at http://wyld-organization.blogspot.com/. He also serves as the Director of the Reverse Auction Investigation Center (http://reverseauctionresearch.blogspot.com/), a hub of research and news in the expanding planet of competitive bidding. Dr. Wyld also maintains compilations of functions he has helped his college students to turn into editorially-reviewed publications at the following sites:
Management Ideas (http://toptenmanagement.blogspot.com/)
Book Critiques (http://wyld-about-books.blogspot.com/) and
Travel and International Meals (http://wyld-about-meals.blogspot.com/).
^ Jump to Top ^
Written by David Wyld
Professor of Management, Southeastern Louisiana University